[time-nuts] Now For Something Completely Different...GPS Security

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Fri Feb 14 13:45:02 UTC 2014

You should not denigrate PhotoMultiplier tubes.

They are virtually perfect, almost noiseless, detectors. With the right
photocathode, they are capable of QEs >50%, spectral response from the VUV
to near IR, and dark counts <1 PPS, with maximum count rates >10 MPPS.
Thay can easily have current gains of >10E+6

-John