[time-nuts] New WWVB modulation format receivers (NOT)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Feb 21 05:51:24 UTC 2014

> I am wondering if it's a tough road to get precise time and frequency.

How precise do you want?  How much money do you have?

1/2 :), but you are asking on the time-nuts list so you should expect answers
like that.

> I would love to discipline my counter and signal generator time bases to
> match NIST.  Is this possible, and what would I need to do?

The buzzword for the usual approach is GPSDO.  2 models are often available
surplus (aka not expensive for the value) from cell phone towers.  Google for
HP Z3801A and Trimble Thunderbolt.

> I am sure this subject has been covered but I don't know how to find it.

This list is archived.  The headers in list mail contain things like:
That has everything batched by month, and sorted by Thread, Subject, Author,
and Date.  Poke around a bit and you will get a feel for things.  It doesn't
have a search facility.

Google works well to search the time-nuts archives.  You can add >time-nuts<
as a search term which might find a message in a site that archives list
traffic, or you can add >site:febo.com< to restrict the search to the
"official" archive.
  http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.time.nuts/25812

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.