[time-nuts] New WWVB modulation format receivers (NOT)

wb6bnq wb6bnq at cox.net
Fri Feb 21 08:35:09 UTC 2014

NOTE:  THE FIRST FIVE LINKS DID NOT SHOW AS COMPLETE ADDRESSES -- I AM
NOT SURE WHY, SO YOU WILL HAVE TO COPY THE LINE AND INSERT INTO  YOUR
URL LINE.

Hi Bob,

Here are a couple of HP Appnotes, in PDF form, that will get you started
in your quest.  Some of the references to standard frequency
transmissions may be somewhat outdated but the overall data is still
valid.  The first one is the original publication done in the early
1960's and the next two are a rewrite done in the 1970's.

http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/05)_GPS_Timing/HP/HP_AN52_Frequency_and_Time_Standards_5989-6171EN.pdf

http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/05)_GPS_Timing/HP/HP_AN52-1_Frequency_and_Time_Standards_5989-6183EN.pdf

http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/05)_GPS_Timing/HP/HP_AN52-2_Frequency_and_Time_Standards_5989-6247EN.pdf

http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/05)_GPS_Timing/The_Science_Of_Timekeeping.pdf

And finally, here is an appnote about counters, generally, that is worth
reading

http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/HP_Agilent/HP_AN200_frequency_counters_1997.pdf

There are plenty of other publications, but no need to overload you too
early in the game.  The stuff above will give you a basic understanding
of the fundementals of which your questions to this list are centered omn.

73....Bill....WB6BNQ