[time-nuts] New WWVB modulation format receivers (NOT)

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Feb 21 12:33:56 UTC 2014

Hi

Part of the typical receiving process is reducing the bandwidth. With a smaller bandwidth you can get away with a lower sample rate without loosing useful information. The normal approach is to drop the sample rate as you move through the system.

When you drop the sample rate (say 4:1) you have some “extra” bits lying around. You could just throw them away. You also could keep them. Depending on what’s going on, you could get two more bits out of the process.

Bob