[time-nuts] New WWVB modulation format receivers (NOT)

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Sat Feb 22 16:55:31 UTC 2014

On 2/20/14, 10:35 PM, Graeme Zimmer wrote:
>> I have a Kenwood TS-940S transceiver that can receive 60 kHz but I
>> have never heard anything
>
> Where are you? It must be deaf as a post.

Most ham receivers that purport to have coverage down there really
don't. I thought my Flex 5000 should hear that handily but all it ever
heard were images of the AM-BCB. The HPSDR Hermes board in my ANAN-10
hears WWVB a treat. Direct Down Conversion (DDC) is your friend and
anyone considering playing with this stuff really needs to be thinking
about a DDC receiver.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
706 Flightline Drive