[time-nuts] WWVB antennas

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Sat Feb 22 18:18:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM, J. Forster <jfor at quikus.com> wrote:

> You are about 1/4 the distance away. Inverse square law.

If we were in free space I might concur on the inverse square law. We
aren't and propagation certainly has an effect on path loss. I posted
signal levels coming from my Pixelsat loop for WWVB at my location right
now (-82dBm at 1800Z) which might be a useful datum for someone
contemplating building or fielding a WWVB receiver and considering this
particular antenna. (More data, the S:N is 36dB based on an 11Hz bin-width
for the FFT I am running right now.)

BTW, the distance from WWV in Ft. Collins, Colorado, to my antenna is
1,346.75km, great circle ground route.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
706 Flightline Drive