[time-nuts] A small piece on HP's hydrogen maser in 1968

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Feb 24 16:50:09 UTC 2014

I couldn't get the link to work (it just hangs).

However, I vaguely remember when we were starting
work on the 5071A that the reason why we used
the model number 5071A instead of 5070A was that
the latter number had been reserved for a hydrogen
maser that was never sold.  The person in charge
of checking out model numbers used to complain about
"wasting numbers" and was probably not pleased
about this.

Rick Karlquist N6RK