[time-nuts] Serial port splitter s/w

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 01:32:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:30 PM, David C. Partridge <
david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk> wrote:

> You guys have me persuaded - I'll get a Raspberry Pi ...

You might want to think a little more about which to get.  The Pi is OK and
will work fine but look at "BeagleBone Black".  It's a little nicer for
hardware hackers. Cost is $5 different.   You can read specs and the
respective forums.

One thing to watch out for is that all ARM boards run on 3.3 volts.  The
serial ports are 3.3 volts.  Don't connect a 5 volt signal and certainly
NOT a real RS232 level signal

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California