[time-nuts] 5370 processor boards available

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Thu Feb 27 17:22:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>wrote:

> Seriously:  Keeping the computer alive and eating power is
> silly.  We just need to find out how to get the Linux configured
> correctly.

This is a solved problem.  I don't understand why this discussion is
dragging on.
E.g liveCD, ramdisk, Linux routers, thin (diskless) clients.
The relevant variables are the distribution and if you want to use a
network disk.

I will say the underlying concerns are valid.  I have two Raspberry Pis and
three Beable Bone Blacks.  I've had four SD cards fail among the group and
they're not even on most of the time.  CompactFlash is much better.