[time-nuts] 5370 processor boards available

Demian Martin demianm_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 20:15:32 UTC 2014

Most routers use a similar model and can save important settings but still
recover from a crash with no problem. There are several router distros that
are good examples on how to do it. I would suggest looking at Voyage Linux
http://linux.voyage.hk/  for an example. They have a specific versing for
the BeagleBone Black. You can run user space apps on it just fine and it can
save changes as necessary.

I'm sure there are other examples as well.

I'm just looking to making the box more reliable and stable. Running apps on
it seems more complex than I'm up for. However a web page to control and
read back seems like a nice trick.
       Demian

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp
<phk at phk.freebsd.dk>wrote:

> In message <
> CA+9GZUjtzoN9+uxg1r1BrxX8zYV4wnjq22QpsBitYako20wHjg at mail.gmail.com>
> , "cheater00 ." writes:
>
> >Oh, of course it's not about keeping the computer on at all times,
> >it's about having a contingency for the 0.1% case when your computer
> >does not shut down in the assumed time.
>
> You're missing the point:  If all the "permanent" filesystems are
> mounted read-only, and only ram-disks are mounted read-write, you
> don't even need to shut down, you can just yank the power.
>
> --
> Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by
incompetence.