[time-nuts] The Best way to Mark the New Year...

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 14:03:14 UTC 2014

Rose Bowl parade! When I was at Caltech I lived a block from Colorado
Avenue and that was an amazing event, completely shut down the city for
several days as preparations were made and then the cleanup was done. Just
folks coming in their cars after the parade, to view the floats in a local
park, paralyzed all traffic for a week afterwards too.

For some reason I never understood, part of the celebration involved
millions of tortillas being thrown all over the neighborhoods surrounding
parade route. Astonishing!

Tim N3QE