[time-nuts] Measuring TV delays

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 14:05:29 UTC 2014

From: Magnus Danielson

Since you don't know the distribution and de-coding and trans-coding
delays, it's hopeless to come up with a skewed time to fit all. Forget
it. The mode is rather to live with the delay there is.

Cheers,
Magnus
===========================

There seems to be a mis-perception that folk might estimate a fixed delay
and somehow use the data as a source of time.  That was certainly never my
thinking, but simply to observe the delays, and see what values might be
obtained.  I've contributed one, rather uncertain, data point.  It would be
interesting to know whether there is any timing data in the various digital
streams we get, either via terrestrial or via satellite sources.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk