[time-nuts] WWV/WWVH audio simulator?

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Fri Jan 3 15:38:28 UTC 2014

Hello,

Brand new to this list. I'm blind, but have always been fascinated with
time, time standards, timezones, etc. As a kid, WWV used to be my
favorite radio station, no kidding! My dad would let me listen to it for
hours on his ham radio, and eventually I got a shortwave radio of my
own. I didn't realize how weird this was until one day at public school
another student asked me about my favorite radio station and I said WWV.
Their response was something like, "Oh yeah, they play pretty music."

Anyway, I'd love to find a program for Windows that simulates the audio
from WWV as closely as possible. I know someone on this list talked
about having written such a beast, although I don't know if it'd run on
Windows, back in 2010. I also wish WWV streamed on the net. Don't get me
wrong, I know why they don't, but I still think a crisp, clear, direct
from the sound source feed would be cool. Any thoughts?
Jayson