[time-nuts] WWV/WWVH audio simulator?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 17:41:33 UTC 2014

Two ideas (1) buy a WWV receiver or (2) I'm sure Windows must come with
something like Apple's "Garage Band" (I don't know about Windows) but use
that to compose a sound that plays in an endless loop.   Likely you'd use
one of the drum machines.  Basically I'm saying yu can treat it as music
and then use whatever music composition system you've got on Windows

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Jayson Smith <jaybird at bluegrasspals.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Brand new to this list. I'm blind, but have always been fascinated with
> time, time standards, timezones, etc. As a kid, WWV used to be my favorite
> radio station, no kidding! My dad would let me listen to it for hours on
> his ham radio, and eventually I got a shortwave radio of my own. I didn't
> realize how weird this was until one day at public school another student
> asked me about my favorite radio station and I said WWV. Their response was
> something like, "Oh yeah, they play pretty music."
>
> Anyway, I'd love to find a program for Windows that simulates the audio
> from WWV as closely as possible. I know someone on this list talked about
> having written such a beast, although I don't know if it'd run on Windows,
> back in 2010. I also wish WWV streamed on the net. Don't get me wrong, I
> know why they don't, but I still think a crisp, clear, direct from the
> sound source feed would be cool. Any thoughts?
> Jayson

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California