[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt 1pps

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jan 3 19:30:51 UTC 2014

> Does the Trimble Thunderbolt provide 1pps on DCD of the RS232 interface?

No, but you can open it up and add a wire.  That will give you CMOS rather
than RS232, but it works.  (Or at least, it works for me and I've never heard
a good story where it didn't work.)

One problem is that the PPS signal is narrow.  Some PCs may not be able to
catch it.  You can use the FatPPS from TAPR:
  http://www.tapr.org/kits_fatpps.html
(It needs power.  You can probably find that in the TBolt.  I haven't done
it.)

I added a diode and R/C.  That was good enough for the PC I was using.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.