[time-nuts] Time Protocol Simulation Module

JULIAN TOPOLSKI jjt99 at msn.com
Fri Jan 3 22:34:46 UTC 2014

Googling wwvb simulator I found this interesting module:

The “Chronvertor” Time Protocol Simulation Module(Released February 2013)

The Chronvertor is a module containing a very accurate battery backed Maxim DS3231 RTC (Real Time Clock) chip working with a Microchip PIC Microcontroller to output the time and date as either a GPS NMEA datagram or a WWVB, DCF77, MSF or JJY radio time protocol.It automatically takes care of DST (Daylight Saving Time) changes around the world and provides for time-zone offsets to generate any local time.The RTC time and date can be initially set-up by either connecting it to a GPS module for a few seconds or by serial commands sent by a PC terminal program. I ordered one to play around with. (Not affiliated with the seller). Here is the web page: http://unusualelectronics.co.uk/products/chronvertor/