[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt 1pps

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Sat Jan 4 00:02:26 UTC 2014

Hal,

Your plots don't show the wave being reflected by the cable end, and bouncing back and forth.. Until settling down.

Without an end-termination the improperly terminated output of the Thunderbolt will cause the signal to bounce back and forth..

If there is a 50 ohms termination, there won't be any bounces, but a large voltage drop will happen due to the relatively high DC current over the long cable resistance.. (5V into 50 Ohms = 100mA).

Maybe thats why the levels at the end are so much lower that at the source?

Bye,
Said

Sent From iPhone