[time-nuts] Hp 5060A C-field

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 16:47:53 UTC 2014

OK seems no matter what I do compared to the Tbolt and Z3801the 5061/5060
still drifts right on the scope. Granted a big shift in the cfield seems to
get the unit to advance, but then after some hours it returns back to the
same slow rate. But I did learn about the magical A1 synthesizer and built
an excel calculator to see what the jumper settings do. If anyone wants it
I will forward it.
Putting the A! synth on the bench and feeding a 5 Mhz source in I could see
how it behaved. It tends to run a little high in frequency. I mean
fractions of a hertz.
As far as the jumpers go one change really does move the synth quite a ways
from the atomic frequency. So what I learned is that changing the jumpers
really would make a heck of a jump either fast or slow, not some fine grain
shift.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL