[time-nuts] 'CPLDs for clock dividers' Thread

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Mon Jan 6 17:45:01 UTC 2014

Bob,

I appreciate your postings a lot but can you please explain what property
you are referring to with a sentence like

> you can get into the high 150’s to low 160’s on a 10 MHz

Using numbers without units (maybe: quail eggs per sqare inch ?) makes it
difficult to understand what you are going to say even for experienced time
nutters.

Brent,

> Precious little to add to this, just to confirm that
> back in another life at Watkins Johnson (early 90's),
> we used CPLD's for low phase noise dividers all the time.
> My work at the time was focused on everything but the divider.

Ok, but how much different input signals did you have for one CPLD? If your
answer is "1" then you have given youself the explanation why they worked
ok.

Best regards
Ulrich