[time-nuts] talking to Synergy Systems SSR-6Tr (u-blox LEA-6T-0)

beale beale at bealecorner.com
Thu Jan 16 19:03:42 UTC 2014

FYI: I got an email reply from Art Sepin at Synergy with several helpful documents, which he did not post himself on time-nuts out of concern for seeming too commercial.  Apparently they will go up on the Synergy website for the official launch of the SSR product line this June. But trusting that it isn't actually a secret, the magic command is @@Wb 0x01 0x34

---
For SSR boards that include the PIC processor, the @@Wb command has been included to
switch between Motorola 9600 baud binary mode and native u-Blox binary & NMEA modes.
Because the PIC versions of the SSR boards are designed to plug into an M12+ or M12M slot,
full functionality in u-Blox mode is available using u-Center but only at 9600 baud. For higher I/O
speeds, select a “u-Blox only” SSR board part number.
1. For direct SSR interface to a microprocessor, use the following:
The Hex command is 40 40 57 62 01 34 00 0D 0A (@@Wb<01><34><CR><LF>).
This functionality is available in the full and the evaluation copy of SynTAC available here:
http://www.synergy-gps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=185&Itemid=196