[time-nuts] possible issue with LEA 6T eval board

mike cook cook.michael at orange.fr
Fri Jan 17 12:12:47 UTC 2014

Just a heads up on an issue I had with a LEA-6T timing receiver advertised on ebay in case any of you have one, or are thinking of investing.

The model I got is the one advertised in ebay item 261294820006. It functioned OK for three months and then on powering up  one day it seemed to be dead. On examining the board I found that the 3.3v regulator had a charred looking spot on top so I figured that it may have fried for some reason. I am not sure why. Maybe a duff part. I should be well under max current draw as my antenna connection is DC blocked with a 220R to ground for antenna detection.
Hoping that the receiver had not perished as well I decided to replace the regulator. I could not identify the part on the board but replaced it with a MICREL MIC5205-3.3YM5 . Now all is well, at least from monitoring over a usb cable.

Regards