[time-nuts] arduino solar clock

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 23:58:49 UTC 2014

It is.  Both "double" and "float" are 32-bits.  Arduino uses the GCC AVR
compiler.

If you care a lot about precision you use integer math and do all your
calculations in integer units of milli or microseconds.  If you try to keep
time in "floats" you are working with about four decimal digit
approximations which might not be good enough.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the arduino double precision routines are actually single
> precision...  at least they are in the standard AVR ports of GCC.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California