[time-nuts] latest version of arduino solar clock

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Jan 20 20:26:15 UTC 2014

> But the current code doesn't try to accumulate errors and adjustments..
> it just looks up the rate from the equation (floating point) and jams it
> into the tick generator.

Jim,

For an application like this it might be best for your EOT table to contain phase, not rate. Your code can adjust rate to meet each day's phase target. That way you avoid the risk of long-term drift.

It's the same analogy for how we record time or frequency data from counters. For timekeeping, phase data is always preferred because it avoids the long-term rounding / granularity issues with frequency measurements.

/tvb