[time-nuts] Lady heather plus NTP server?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 03:37:11 UTC 2014

i think most people run LH on Linux either VMWare or Wine.  That might be
your first move.  Virtualize the windows system and run LH on that.    It
make it better really because then you can export the display over the
network.

So, install Linux on the PC, then run Windows on that

Maybe one way we will get lucky and some one will port LH to Linux/UNIX.  I
have 1,000 project higher up on the list.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM, ken johnson <bats059 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Scott- but I have to say I am a little confused, LH is
> running on a windows box and the program you pointed to is a linux one- am
> I missing something here?
>
> Ken.
>

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Scott Mace <smace at intt.net> wrote:
>
> > Try this:
> >
> > http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2010-February/044476.html
> >
> > It uses the NTP SHM reference clock.
> >
> >         Scott
> >
> > On 01/20/2014 09:01 PM, ken johnson wrote:
> >
> >> I currently have my router/firewall acting as both an NTP client,
> getting
> >> it's time from the net, and an NTP server serving my home network. Now I
> >> have my thunderbolt and Lady heather working nicely, I would like to
> have
> >> that machine act as the ntp server for my network, but it appears ntp
> >> can't
> >> understand tsip, and also with LH taking the com port, I can't see a way
> >> of
> >> ntp getting the data anyway.
> >>
> >> Is this possible to do, and if so,  can anyone give me some clues as to
> >> how?
> >>
> >> Thanks, Ken.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California