[time-nuts] Looking for high reverse isolation amplifier

John Miles john at miles.io
Thu Jan 30 08:30:13 UTC 2014

Depending on how much forward gain you're after, I'd suggest looking at the
LMH6702 current feedback opamp.  I keep a few of them around in Hammond
boxes, powered by NiMH rechargeables.  Measured S12 is about 70 dB at 100
MHz, and I'm sure it could do at least 40 dB at 200.   If I remember
correctly the 3 dB point is about 400 MHz in a stage designed for +8 dB of
gain, and unity gain is about 700 MHz.

Residual PN at 80 MHz is around -135 dBc/Hz @ 1 Hz, flicker corner around 1
kHz, floor around -165 dbc/Hz.  You can do better with discretes but you can
also do a lot worse...

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC