[time-nuts] Morion MV89A position

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Thu Jan 30 11:37:56 UTC 2014

This was in the 70's and I only looked at it for a month in those days also
 limited equipment and I used a Tracor 599 for frequency tracking.
Location was University Park in Dallas which is elevated so there was no
water present. Left 20 years ago so I have no way of conducting any tests.
Could  repeat it but I am looking at an other relocation.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 1/30/2014 4:44:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hmurray at megapathdsl.net writes:

>  In the 70's I did a 4 inch pipe 20 feet in the ground in Dallas.
>  Temperature was better than 0.1 C.

Over what time period?  Dry  ground or wet?  How deep is your water table?

Temperature in the ground is a skin-depth problem.  Lower  frequencies will
go
deeper.

Next time somebody digs a hole like  that, it would be fun to put a string
of
thermometers in  it.

Goodies from google:
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Cooling/EarthTemperatures.htm