[time-nuts] Piezo Company OXCO pinouts (William Rice)

Jim Teixeira mvyjim at vineyard.net
Thu Jan 30 20:56:25 UTC 2014

Hi William,

I just joined time-nuts and found the posts on the Piezo 2920136 interesting, in particular the 12 volt/24 volt issue. I had just purchased two units (S/N 4690 and 9646) and I ran some voltage tests on them. It came out clear that the units are designed to run on 24 volts. The key test is to run the supply voltage slowly from 12 to 24 volts and note the output frequency change as you go. On my units the output frequency was very sensitive to the supply voltage in the range of 12 and about 20 volts. As the voltage was increased from 20 to 24 volts there was almost no frequency change. I think this indicates that an internal voltage regulator is used in the crystal circuitry and that it needs at least 20 volts to work.

Jim Teixeira