[time-nuts] National Standards labs worldwide - specifically Australia

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 07:36:17 UTC 2014

On 2 Jul 2014 07:55, "Magnus Danielson" <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> The authoritative source is BIPM:
> http://www.bipm.org/en/practical_info/useful_links/nmi.html

Thank you. That is a useful resource to know of.

> which points to:
> http://www.measurement.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks, that is probably what I want.

I am basically looking to find a paper on waveguide calibration of VNAs
with 1/8 & 3/8 wavelength offset shorts which I believe was done at an
Australian standards lab. I had no idea what lab, who done the work,  when
etc.

Someone has kindly sent me a private email with a possible author who is
unfortunately deceased, working in a group which is now almost non
existant.

> Then you can check with them if they have the traceability for the
measurements you need.
I was asking about the 50 Ohm load just to try to find out what lab done
those sorts of measurements.  I am actually in the UK on the other side of
the world to Australia, so don't need to get a load calibrated.

> Cheers,
> Magnus

Thanky you

Dave