[time-nuts] WWVB remod instant cheap clock receiver

Paul Davis ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com
Sun Jul 13 21:54:10 UTC 2014

The real point was just to mention another source - j/k about the price ;)  Lots of Wally World around so maybe easier to find than Costco. I embedded a picture which I hope will appear. The loopstick is about 7mm diameter and 6cm long. It is attached to a small circuit board which is marked RC8000 V1. Don't know if there is a CM8000 chip under the black blob, but could well be. Top to bottom as mounted in the clock the connections are labeled on the clock board as:

1 - PON (Power ON - active low)
2 - TCO (Time Code Out - idles low in standby)
3 - gnd
4 - vdd (3V from battery) - probably 3.3v OK.

Verified those with 'scope. Slightly different pinout but similar signals.

Paul
---