[time-nuts] Noise and non-linear behaviour of ferrite transformers

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jul 19 23:16:28 UTC 2014

Hi

The general rule of thumb is that they add no noise or distortion. The typical reason for not using them all the time is cost / size / weight.

A lot depends on what frequency (or frequency band) you are talking about and what sort of transformers. Obviously you can indeed mis-use a part or overload it.

Bob