[time-nuts] Noise and non-linear behaviour of ferrite transformers

Max Robinson max at maxsmusicplace.com
Sun Jul 20 06:03:49 UTC 2014

I don't know if this has any application for you or not but here it is.  I
have had ground loop problems between the power safety ground and the TV
Cable shield.  I used two 300 to 75 ohm transformers and coupled their 300
ohm sides with 27 pf capacitors.   I put them in an aluminum box with only
one of the shield sides connected to the box.  It didn't degrade the picture
by any detectable amount and completely eliminated the hum that had resulted
from the ground loop.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O DS.

Email: max at maxsmusicplace.com

Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net
Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwithtubes.net
Woodworking site
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
funwithtransistors-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

funwithtubes-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood-subscribe at yahoogroups.com