[time-nuts] temperature sensor

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Jul 21 01:45:46 UTC 2014

That sounds sort of like what they must have been doing.

But, they were quite clear that it was a "Quartz" thermometry
unit, and that the crystals were quartz.

And, this was before solid state IR laser diodes, around 1982.
Each temperature measuring module was plug in, and about 3/4 inch
by 5 inches, by 8 inches in size... maybe a little smaller.

Whatever they did was stable, needed no alignment when the plugins
were moved in the chassis, and had no external adjustments.

-Chuck Harris