[time-nuts] temperature sensor

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Mon Jul 21 17:49:01 UTC 2014

At 11:48 AM 7/21/2014, Chris Albertson wrote:

>A better solution is to use a tachometer fan.  Then the controller does not
>set the fan voltage but sets the fan speed.  there are still extra pins on

My thought exactly. I have not tried it, but it seems like this would
also automatically restart a stalled fan. Has anyone tried it? Did
adding the second loop cause tuning problems?

As for sensors, my working assumption has been that NTC thermistors
give you the most sensitivity, at least compared to a Pt RTD or
thermocouple. If the sensor is used inside a control loop, rather
than as a measurement device, the non-linearity might not even matter
since the loop should be holding it at a constant temperature.

--
newell N5TNL