[time-nuts] temperature sensor

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jul 21 23:39:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:00:59 -0400
Chuck Harris <cfharris at erols.com> wrote:

> Steam superheats only if the pressure is raised above standard pressure,
> otherwise, steam at standard pressure will be exactly 212F, or 100C.

Uhm.. you are the second one claiming this. Could you please explain
what physics limits the temperature of vapor?

The ideal gas equation says that p*V/T = const, ie that the temperature
can rise at a constant pressure, as long as the gas is allowed to expand.

				Attila Kinali

--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous