[time-nuts] Synergy-GPS SSR-6tru Problem Resolved

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Jul 24 05:02:33 UTC 2014

Hi Bob,

That's very good news. Thanks for following through on this issue.

Newcomers to the list should know that unlike many of the large corporations in the T&F business, Synergy has been hobbyist and time-nuts friendly since the beginning. I know a couple of us bought our first GPS receivers from Synergy in the mid-1990's. This was in the early days of GPS where we used Tom Clark's TAC h/w and SHOWTIME.EXE s/w, in the same way we use Trimble's Thunderbolt h/w and Mark/John's HEATHER.EXE s/w today.

/tvb

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Stewart" <bob at evoria.net>
To: "Bob Stewart" <bob at evoria.net>; "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Synergy-GPS SSR-6tru Problem Resolved

As a reminder, I received an SSR-6tru receiver from Synergy, along with their M12 adapter, which allows you to plug it into a slot for an Oncore GT+, UT+, or VP. I was unable to get the receiver to respond to any commands from the u-blox u-center software.

After a lot of troubleshooting, I discovered that pin-5, the "DGPS IN" pin, must be brought to a logic level high in order for this assembly to work. If it's low, apparently anything going into the board on the Rx line is simply sent back out on the Tx line and not passed to the receiver. I've never owned a GT+ or a VP, so I wasn't aware that a logic high was needed on this pin. The UT+ works just fine with this pin not connected.