[time-nuts] OT Gel Cell question

Tom Miller tmiller11147 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 27 20:09:27 UTC 2014

There are some other failure modes for gel cell (and other lead acid types)
batteries.

One is a shorted cell caused be the plates warping and breaching the
separator insulation. This is not recoverable.

Another more likely failure is corrosion of the connections to the plates.
Also not recoverable.

If the battery is more than five years old it is most likely time to trade
it in for a new one.

Regards,
Tom