[time-nuts] OT Gel Cell question

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Mon Jul 28 01:17:38 UTC 2014

A minor nit

The self-discharge rate is pretty high (20 to 40% per month) and the
charging is not as efficient.

Power density is pretty bad too.

For forklift operation this is not a problem as weight is a good thing, they
are topped off every night and the power used to run a forklift is minimal
given the overall consumption of an average factory.

Wikipedia has a nice comparison

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel%E2%80%93iron_battery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead%E2%80%93acid_battery

Here is a vendor: