[time-nuts] OT Gel Cell question

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Jul 28 21:09:13 UTC 2014

Hi Charles:

It turns out that "Made in China" does not in and of itself mean inferior.  There's a spectrum of quality levels.

For example there are some very high end companies in China and during working shifts they turn out products that are
very bit as good as any you would find.

But there may be an unauthorized night shift that uses the same raw materials and makes a product without any QA.  It
may or may not be as good as the "official" product.  Products from the reject bin may make their way to the open market.

There may be a shadow factory down the road where workers trained at the official factory make products with different
materials and no QA.

There may be a factory anywhere with untrained workers making a sort of lookalike product.

 From three feet away I doubt anyone can tell the difference.

So in answer to your question, it may be that a battery with the Power Sonic label is a quality battery even if it does
have a "Made in China" sticker.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com