[time-nuts] Boeing 787 GPS reception trouble

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Jun 3 12:51:56 UTC 2014

nuts wrote:
> Regarding radiation, I've used my Geiger counter at mile high altitudes
> in Nevada and never got a count per second, even with the gamma shield
> not used. You can look at the DOE CEMP stations:

1 Mile high is still on the ground compared to an airplane's 8 miles high.
Those 7 additional miles of altitude result in an atmosphere that is very
sparse with the air molecules necessary to block cosmic radiation.

TVB's readings correlate well with graphs I have seen on other websites.

-Chuck Harris