[time-nuts] combining same frequency for redundancy

Tony Greene tonygreen924 at inbox.com
Wed Jun 4 03:22:22 UTC 2014

About 50 years ago I ran into a Frequency Division Multiplexer that used a redundant master frequency system.  I beleive they combined the same frequency for the master oscillator, but it was something  like a special hybrid combiner.  I remember that they used a phase angle of 135 degrees - and then if they lost one signal, the power went down by 3 db on the main pilot.  Anybody no any details on this type of system ?

What I am looking for is to have an input to a distribution amplifier where I can connect and disconnect two different inputs and keep the output systems up and running.