[time-nuts] FE5680 GPS Disciplined Controller

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 11:42:04 UTC 2014

The response over the last 12 hours is positive so kitting is an option.
But beta testing and addressing temperature control is a must,otherwise we
will  have some unhappy time nuts. With all the work done in the past
disabeling in  the 5680A would be the best option. Attached is my solution, works
great and  total cost is less than $ 20.
Yes the board is 5 X 5 cm so we can take advantage of low cost production
in China and it is a main cost reduction contributor to have some one sell a
 complete kit for $ 45/50 shipping included.
We are also looking at other FE Rb's but only those that have RS232  even
TTL level and an AD 9832 DDS. Example some FE 5650's and FE  5680B's.
We also have a nice output module with regulators and isolated outputs,
because of the attachment limitation I have to find a way to make all of it
available, since interest is there.
Again allow me to stress temperature is a key issue one way or the  other.
Bert Kehren