[time-nuts] FE5680 GPS Disciplined Controller Update

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 22:24:52 UTC 2014

Check out the temperature control code in Lady Heather.  It uses a nice PID controller algorithm (from Warren Sarkison) to PWM modulate a fan to stabilize the environment around the Tbolt.  It can achieve millidegree range stability...  I have seen long term RMS values of the temperature plot less than a few micro-degrees.   The standard Tbolt oscillator has a rather horrible tempco...

I'll post some recommendations/findings about various environmental sensors I tried while I was building my weather/envionmental sensor package.   Hint:  the  MS5611 pressure sensor chip is very nice.  Has 24 bit ADCs for the pressure and temperature readings and produces very stable readings with a 100 Hz update rate.