[time-nuts] FE5680 GPS Disciplined Controller Update

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 23:43:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> However it is disappointing that no one has stepped up to tackle the
> temperature problem.

I can post what I have.  It's a uP based PWM fan controller.  It is a stand
alone device that does not know anything about the FE5680 but it would be
easy to add into any GPSDO using the GPSDO's existing uP provided there
were enough extra analog pins available.  It uses the Arduino software
environment but I built it using a bare 8-pin DIP.  The problem with it is
I do not have a good temperature sensor, The ones I tried are noisy.  SO
I'm looking forward to your sensor info.

My first controller used a comparator chip.  Then I figured the uP was the
same cost and same 8-pin package but could do things like PID, data
logging, led status blinking and "whatever".  This is a start on the code
that works just like the comparator and uses a pot for the user to adjust a
set point.

If you see a way to make this better post the changes.
Some things I will do are (1) use better sensor, (2) use PID library, (3)
measure ambient air temp.
FanController.ino
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28915695/FanController.ino>

BTW is there any design info on the FE5680 controller.  Schematics of
source code?

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California