[time-nuts] Loran, GPS, Lightning, Timing

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 20:24:06 UTC 2014

I think it would be perfectly appropriate to design an LF amplifier with 12AU7s considering the high signal levels when the storm does get close.

I have been thinking of building a system myself since I already have an STMicro Discovery board and several GPS receivers I could use.

One potential problem is that the preamps obviously must remain connected to the antennas when the storm gets close, while my ham radio gear is normally disconnected when not in use. I have had so much lightning damage over here (North West Florida) over the years that I am concerned about pissing off the Gods for good...

Didier KO4BB

--
Sent from my Motorola Droid Razr HD 4G LTE wireless tracker while I do other things.