[time-nuts] GPSDO standard interface?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 21:00:08 UTC 2014

There are TSIP commands for doing all those things.  It should be fairly easy to adapt them to control your hardware and whatever GPS receiver you are using.
The nice thing about implementing a TSIP interface is being able to use existing programs like Tboltmon and Lady Heather (over 30,000 lines of code) to monitor and control it.  Also NTP knows how to talk TSIP.

I am planning on the output of at least position, corrected phase error, DAC value, ambient temperature, and a few other things.  I also see a need to read and write the PID gain and damping factors, but that may just have to be a custom tty interface.  It may be that I need to have a pass-through mode to give direct access to the receiver for triggering site survey, etc.