[time-nuts] GPSDO standard interface?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 21:39:34 UTC 2014

I dislike TSIP quite a bit. It's a disaster in my opinion if you are not
intimately familiar already with the Trimble binary commands, and  exists in
a number of inconsistent and non-compatible dialects as far as I know.  No
way for a human to enter a simple command in a simple text terminal, you
have to have everything translated by some application. I know the software
folks like binary better than ASCII, because parsing binary  commands can
theoretically be done with less effort. I think effort ==  results.

There is SatStat, GPSCon, and Ulrich's great Z38xx control program for
human readable SCPI commands besides the good old ASCII terminals. HP leads the
 way with GPIB/SCPI in my opinion. But it's like religion, everyone thinks
theirs  is the right one, and everyone else is on the wrong path.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 6/26/2014 14:01:35 Pacific Daylight Time,