[time-nuts] Loran, GPS, Lightning, Timing

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Sat Jun 28 06:37:10 UTC 2014

> Scientific American magazine today is a mere shadow of its former self,
> due mainly to a new publisher imported from Popular Science magazine.
> There is no longer an Amateur Scientist article in each issue.

Amen to that!  It's also turned from reporting to preaching-political!

I always wanted to build the amateur scientist stuff, but there were always
the lines with arrows off the figure "to power supply". Wonder if that's why I
have hell boxes full of old power supplies:-)
Probably a darned good thing I didn't build the x-ray tube!
Don

--
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it."

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLC
17850 Six Mile Road