[time-nuts] DIY FE-5680A lobotomy (disable temp compensation)

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Jun 28 16:37:37 UTC 2014

Will someone beside us use heat pipe. Would love to have an impendent
input. What does it take to get a test going. Scott has done a lot of work, how
about some one else step up to the plate. There are a lot of time nuts out
there  with the 5680A,many for the first time will have a very good
reference and some  of our experts with proper equipment can make a big difference.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 6/28/2014 12:20:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com writes:

At 04:32  AM 6/28/2014, wb6bnq wrote:

>monitoring process ?  In other  words have you traced out the
>connections to see what is driving the  pin you think is the temperature
input ?

No. I've only traced back from  the ADC input to the voltage divider.

>The next big question is  have you monitored the frequency and its
>stability, externally, to  observe what effects are taking place when
>you disable this input to  the A/D ?

I have not.

>That sounds complicated and messy  but may be easier than it
>appears.  An appropriate container  would be:

It does sound messy. I don't think I'm willing to dunk one of  my units.

--
newell  N5TNL

time-nuts mailing  list -- time-nuts at febo.com
To unsubscribe, go to