[time-nuts] HP 8568B

Hui Zhang ba6it at 163.com
Sun Jun 29 15:33:33 UTC 2014

Hello:
    I am afraid I made a dumb mistake, I ignored a calibration procedure in the page 3 of manual, it's too front in the book so I missed it, I am very sorry.
    The procedure is:
    1, Connect CAL OUTPUT to SIGNAL INPUT 2.
    2,Press [INSTR PRESET], [RECALL], [9] on the analyzer.
    3,Adjust FREQ ZERO for a maximum amplitude trace.
    4,Press [INSTR PRESET].
    By follow these step, I adjust the curve peak in the center of horizontal axis, and then I use my 10MHz REF and test other 10MHz source, the normal marker read is 10.000001Mhz - only 1Hz error. It's very good result.
I think it a basic calibration procedure, but I never did it before, it's my dumb mistake. Before I do these adjustment, I almost ready to pull down the 10811 OCXO to make some separate calibration and test work. But it seems unnecessary if I only use EXT REF. But I still decide do some calibration work of that 18011 OCXO at late times.
    At last I'd say many thanks for this group, and every kindly people who trying to help me, thank you!

Hui Zhang