[time-nuts] Sad news Ulrich Bangert

Hartmut Paesler timenuts at paesler.de
Mon Jun 30 22:23:52 UTC 2014

Dear group,

please let me express my thanks for all your condolences. I
collected them all and will pass them to Ulrichs relatives. I am
quite sure they will be surprised and pleased about the number
of people who sent a message.

There was the question what will happen with Ulrichs software
tools. They definitively will not fade way. The web site will
stay active, probably with just the download section active.

I knew Ulrich for some 25 years. Besides being friends, we also
did quite a lot of professional collaboration. From this I know
his working style. I do have the source code and am familiar with
the development tools he used. So basically I am able to maintain
and develop the software further. I use the term "basically"
because Ulrichs special knowledge in accurate timing and
oscillators was at least one, if not two, orders of magnitude
better than mine. Ulrich never disclosed source code and I will
obey his desire.

Best regards,

Hartmut DL1YDD